Thursday 7 May 2015

Pre-Submission Tutorial

Today I had my pre-submission tutorial where we looked over my design boards that I had completed up to this point.

I have been creating the design boards as I go along the projects, so I was prepared for this in terms of having consistent boards with all the content on that I thought they needed at this point.

Boards completed

  • Brief 3 - 30 Days
  • Brief 4 - Wheatless & More
  • Brief 5 - Woodshop
  • Brief 6 - Type Principles
  • Brief 7 - Syfy
  • Brief 8 - Dr Me
  • Brief 9 - Intern
  • Brief 10 - DSM
  • Brief 11 - Fonte de Vita App
  • Brief 12 - DBA
I also took along some quickly put together boards to show the progress of Brief 14 - Visit, and Brief 1 - Fonte De Vita. I also had the physical products for Brief 2 - Kakawa and Brief 15 - Simplex. I did not take anything for Brief 13 -Yearbook pitch.


Overall the tutorial went well, with very positive feedback for the boards and the layout of them. The feedback given was that while the content on them was good on the most part, all projects could benefit from more contextualised research, not just aesthetic, and brief analysis into this should be displayed as well. Projects with branding in should show the branding development, as done in Wheatless & More, and they should all have the brand board as well which displays the final logo, colours and typefaces etc.

I felt really positive after this tutorial and felt that the changes that were needed were small, which was great news since I still have to make five sets of boards for the five projects I did not have them for. It was a confidence boost that they liked the layout and that it was the same over all the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment