Monday 18 May 2015

Brief 1 - Updating The Website

Following the update of the collateral and overall design of the brand, I looked back to the website design. As I now have a much clearer identity for the brand in completing its branding and the App in Brief 11, I know that this website definitely needs a revamp and changes to the design to be much more cohesive.

Previous Website:

The first obvious thing to say about the website is that it is very dark, and while it does play to the luxurious side of the brand, it doesn't work with the brand look anymore with the wide use of gold and really dark backgrounds.

I decided that the best way to create the website was to work off the appearance of the app and how that had been put together using a lot of white space and large imagery which touched the edges of the page. The icons are also something that I can incorporate now into the design, which might make things a little more interesting.

I wanted to keep the layout following the style of the app with having text central and large imagery at the top of each page. Looking over the pages I already had, I decided to keep the same content, and add another section - News. This is something that could be updated regularly and keep customers aware of changes or the latest goings on.

Website wireframes:


I've gone for a completely difference approach from the previous design, with a very clear link to the App design in the layout and use of colours. I think it works much better and is much more contemporary.

Following this I mocked these screens up onto macs and added the imagery to be reflective of those used in the App and menu.

Mocked up:






Overall I think that the website looks much better because of the revamp to the appearance of it. The use of white creates a much more contemporary feel and makes for a brighter and friendlier appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment