Tuesday 19 May 2015

Brief 1 - Final Evaluation/Reflection

I started this brief at the beginning of the year with the intention of completing it relatively quickly, however it ended up lasting the full duration of the year, and looking back at it, I am definitely glad it did. Working on it at various points during the year gave me the ability to continue to develop designs and make them more successful and professional.

I think that the diversity of packaging and printed elements also helped in the development of the branding, and made me think about how I would apply the branding to a variety of media, for example, the glass jars and the plates. The varying sizes and shapes meant that a lot of consideration had to go into how the branding was applied and what would work well. This diversity in packaging also worked very well in the final photographs.

The simplicity of the branding allowed for successful extension across a retail environment, showing how the interior of the establishment would look if it were created. This made me think about how the branding would be applied across an interior design situation, and meant that I could incorporate more than just the logo, such as photographic imagery as well.

The changes made to the website following the completion of Brief 11 definitely improve the overall image of the brand and create a much more consistent approach to all aspects. The previous design did work well, however with the development made in Brief 11, it was inconsistent and obviously so. The changes made were simple and following the same structure, also with skills that I did not have at the beginning of the year when I previously made the website, so I feel that it looks much more professional.

I think the project was very successful and I did what I set out to do in creating collateral which spoke to a high-end audience and was luxurious and sophisticated in appearance. The most successful part of the project was the putting together of it all, where all the elements came together to show a fully rounded brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment